Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My attempt at being resourceful!

I am trying to encourage my girls to not waste anything, with the number one thing being food! We spend tons of money on groceries which is to be expected with a family of 5. I recently noticed that I was throwing away left over hamburger buns every few weeks.. I brainstormed an idea for these buns in order to prevent the waste.. here is what I came up with!

Garlic Cheesy Buns?


I started by placing the buns on a cookie sheet.. I brushed them each with olive oil and then sprinkled the ingredients I was using which includes parsley, garlic salt, oregano, Parmesan cheese and shredded cheese.





I put the buns in the broiler on hi for 10 minutes and they were amazingly good and I love knowing that I have an alternative to tossing them!


No comments:

Post a Comment