Sunday, May 19, 2013

Not just any birthday..

I am less than a week from my 30th Birthday and the past few days I have been reflecting on where my life has gone and where it is going. Turning 30 is a milestone.. its a reality.. its a time to set your priorities straight.
As I approach my birthday I have decided there are changes I want to make in my life.. there are differences I want to make, impacts I want to make and I wont let anything stand in my way.

In my 30's I will love more.. I will love my kids - tell them how much I love them every single day.. there will never be a minute where they question my love and support for them. I will tell my husband I love him more.. even though it should be expected.. I want to say those words to ensure he knows exactly where I stand. I will tell. my family how much I love them more frequently. As life passes by there is so often where we forget to tell people how much we love them. That will not happen.

In my 30's I will turn to my faith more. For so long I have felt out of touch with God. Growing up in a split situation with one parent running a Jewish foundation and the other showing signs of Christianity - I have to say I was confused. I have since been baptized as a Christian. Devoting more time for God is important to me.. and I will make that a priority in my life.

In my 30's I will change my financial situation. Its no secret to anyone that supporting children is expensive. While Darren and I have managed to cover our expenses and have a slow flow of extra money, I have realized how important saving more is important to me. I want to save for vacations, rainy days and whatever else comes out way.

In my 30's I will let go of the little things. I worry about others, I stress about my house being out of order, I get upset about things that are out of my control. My mental health and happiness will now be put first to ensure a happy home. Letting go of the small things that don't have a big impact will be a big change - but its time. I once read that as people get older they are more forgiving - I will be more forgiving.

In my 30's I will focus more on my health. Weight has been something I have battled since after having Chloe. Since having Morgan my weight has spiraled out of control. In my 30's I will focus more on losing weight, eating right and ensuring that I am taking all measures to have a healthy body. This in return will show my children just how important it is.

In my 30's  I will read more.  I will read everything from Charles Dickens to Sandra Brown - I will read fiction and non fiction, I will read self help books and humor books - anything to keep my soul entertained.

Last but not least...

In my 30's I will learn to accept that one day I will be 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment