Thursday, April 7, 2011

Go ahead,, take another swing!

Ugh! I truly feel like the last couple days have really been testing me. I am not sure if it is the onset of this unbearable heat which is likely to continue for the next 7 months.. or the fact that life seems to be slipping out of my hands faster than I can blink.

Between the kids, Darren being thousands of miles away and Morgan in the middle of her teething, I feel like life has come right up and smacked me in the head. While I absolutely love my life, I would pass on this deployment nonsense any day, and with that said, we can do without the teething as well..

I keep telling myself to take a deep breath and this too shall pass.. but for the past few months it has been one thing after another.. at what point does it pass?!?! I truly hope its sooner rather than later.. a few more months of this and I may just throw in the towel, cut my losses and you can find me somewhere on the beach in Jamaica with a cold drink in my hand.. but with my current luck, it would be raining.

Now that I have vented and gotten out all the negativity from my system, lets focus on the positives! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my family.. I have an awesome, supportive family. I love them so much and even though most of my family lives outside of Tucson, they still mean the world to me. Family is definitely the building blocks to happiness!

I have an amazing husband! He is the kind of guy who puts everyone else first (not to say this doesn't come back to bite him sometimes) but he is a genuinely good person.. not many guys out there like that! Darren does not have any alterior motives, he just lays his heart out there and hopes for the best.. he is amazing. I love him so much and without having as strong a bond as we do, I don't see how we would get through this deployment.

I love my kids.. they are all so very unique and that makes them so special to me.

Hailey is my realistic thinker.. she questions anything and everything that doesn't quite sound right.. she loves to be involved in planning family events and she likes to make sure things run smoothly.

Chloe is my artistic social butterfly. She loves painting, coloring, drawing and she is so darn creative! On top of that she is soooo very social.. its no doubt she got her social skills from her momma!

Morgan is going to be a lot like Darren.. she is very mellow, at ease and goes with the flow. She loves life and everything about it, including the wide variety of food available to her currently. Morgan is very observant.. she is constantly watching everything around her and nothing gets past her!

Just talking about the girls has already put a smile on my face. I'm going to roll with the punches and hope for the best. I got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment