Tuesday, December 8, 2009

When it rains..it pours!

I feel like this year has been one giant rain cloud, while life has definitely been rewarding, I felt like we dealt with a lot of battles too. Our most recent battle? Our brand new Outlook is broken...

I kid you not, and it was no ones fault (which really sucks because it makes is so much better when you can at least blame someone!). Last Wednesday I decided to skip my class (problem #1) and go to Pima to turn in some books and maybe do a little shopping. On my way to Pima I heard a metal clunking noise while driving. Upon arriving to Pima, I noticed fluid gushing from the front of the car which I quickly realized was not a good sign.
I called Darren who instructed me to contact our roadside assistance (which we have taken full advantage of) and have them tow the car to the dealership. I did as instructed.
Darren came and picked us up from Pima and then we went to the dealership and the looked at the car... here comes the bad part.
The service manager who I had managed to piss off already (which I am blaming on hormones) had looked at the car and found a metal rod had penetrated the radiator, a/c compressor and power steering fluid holder. This in all was going to cost around $1,800.... some mistake I made.
After speaking with the service manager we were advised to contact our insurance company to file a claim (ya because it wont make his rates go up)... well again I did as I was advised and now we are waiting for our car to be fixed (our car which we bought brand new in July...ughhhhh) and we have a nice little payment amount of $500 due.... some storm.

1 comment: