Thursday, December 24, 2009

HEY! There's no singin' in the North Pole!

Christmas is 6 hours away and the countdown has begun. Thankfully this year I have discouraged the girls from waking me up at 5 am to open presents, and hopefully the bribe has worked. I am relieved that Christmas is almost over, as I have been feeling extremely exhausted and overwhelmed. I am not in the "Christmasy" spirit and I am not sure if its because the lack of family around to spend it with, or the eagerness to move on from this year.
While our Christmas plan is simple, it consists of having Darren's family over, in addition to all the kids and stuffing our face with as much Mexican food as physically possible. I am excited because I have felt a void of cheese enchiladas and cheese enchiladas are by far my fav food!
While I am missing my family, I am excited to spending the evening with my fabulous husband and sister Elizabeth.. and tomorrow I will awake and remind myself that the Christmas shopping is done and it is now time to take down the tree which has been up since Thanksgiving!
To all of my friends and family, have a wonderful Christmas and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment