Monday, July 27, 2009

There may be pain in the night, But Joy comes in the morning

July 22nd we found out the baby's heartbeat which was once beating was now completely gone. In addition, the baby only grew 1 week and a day. This was a really tough pill to swallow for Darren and I, I don't think we were quite expecting this.

Like everything in life, we were ready to see where to go from there. The fabulous doctor we have explained our options which were quite simple... we could wait up to 3 weeks for the baby to miscarry on its own, or we could schedule a D & C. To start the healing process sooner, we opted for the D & C and scheduled it for Monday the 27th (Today).

Today was a very painful both emotionally and physically. I think this was a good thing for us, because now we can move forward and let our scars heal. I have always lived by the line that "Time heals all wounds". I think this is such a true statement especially in instances like this.

We will never know why this happened, or what made this happen, all we know is that going forward we are stronger because of this. Darren and I have been able to grow through this experience and we have had a lot of time to emotionally reflect on what has happened.

I think we are ready to move forward and what may be in the future will be.

Thank you everyone for your support and kind thoughts during this difficult time. We feel as though a piece of our family has been lost, but moving forward we have 4 amazing children to get us through this!

Coming up we have Hailey's 8th Birthday, so we are looking forward to planning that! I cannot believe how she has grown.. she continues to amaze me everyday!

We will keep you updated on any new news in our family!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Briana, I'm so sorry to hear that this happened. I haven't met Darren yet, but I know you and that you are a strong person. You'll get through this. It was good talking with you tonight too. I will try to make it down to Tucson when I'm on leave on the way to Oklahoma. Take care, love you. Aubrey

    ReplyDelete