Thursday, May 5, 2011

When all else fails.. SMILE!

Today I am completely and utterly annoyed.. definitely not with anyone.. just myself! I have the worse case of allergies and I am praying for this to be over!!! I think it may just be God's way of telling me to slow down.. the last few weeks have been non stop running errands or running around with the kids and I think my house and my body reflect it! 

Which brings me to my next point.. I have recently gotten back into couponing.. I have always done it.. just being more strict with myself now. I coupon for several reasons.. the obvious it saves money!!!! I love that I can save so much money while getting things I need! 

Another reason for the couponing is that it is very time consuming.. while I definitely need more time in a day.. for me its relaxing and makes me happy.. strange right? I love it, and I am not ashamed :)

As a result of my couponing, I have started a spreadsheet to show how much I am saving.. I am very excited to share that for the month of April between groceries, household items and some clothing expenses I spent $419.01 but saved $575.41.. thats over 50%!!! I am so happy about this! Its definitely a result of couponing and shopping smart!

Other than couponing and preparing for the summer I have decided I am going to finish painting the downstairs of my home (a project I started over a month ago and have about 30% remaining). I am also going to go through and slowly organize EVERYTHING!

We bought our home over a year ago and at the time being pregnant, wherever things were left, that became their home.. I am now convinced we will be here for awhile, considering the current housing market, therefore I would like to encourage permanent homes for everything! This will definitely be an ongoing project, and with a baby in the house, it will be a bit of a challenge! Hopefully there will be pictures to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment